This video features guest surgeon Neto Rosatelli MD from Brazil showing us his approach to cataract surgery in a uveitic eye with posterior synechiae and a small pupil. This video shows an excellent technique to successfully complete these tough cases. The pupil expansion ring is the B-Hex which was designed by Suven Bhattacharjee MD from India.
The key points for this case are:
- separate the iris from the anterior lens capsule by carefully breaking the adhesions
- remove the pupillary membrane using forceps
- expand the pupil with a ring device
- perform phaco chop in the capsular bag
- aggressively treat residual inflammation in the post-op period
Click below to learn from this excellent case from Dr Rosatelli: