© 2018 Uday Devgan MD. All Rights Reserved. Use of this site constitutes your agreement.
Everything on this site is copyrighted by Uday Devgan MD and protected by US and international laws. No text, images, data, or videos may be copied from this website without the express written permission of Uday Devgan MD. Any violations will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
This site is meant for your education and entertainment only and it does not, and cannot, provide specific medical or surgical advice for any specific patient or physician.
Dr. Devgan did not invent cataract surgery and many of the techniques shown here have been presented by multiple authors over the course of many decades. Our goal is to teach these best techniques of cataract surgery to ophthalmologists from around the world. If your idea is presented here, please contact us so that we can include your comments and insights into the post / video. Thank you for being a pioneer in our field.
Use of this site constitutes agreement with this legal agreement which is between you (“Licensee”) and Cataract Coach / CataractCoach.com / Uday Devgan MD (“Cataract Coach”). If you do not agree fully with this agreement, you are to stop using the site immediately.
This site contains technical information about cataract surgery, and is intended for use by physicians only. This site is provided to physicians for educational and convenience purposes only, and is not a substitute for appropriate medical education and training or for the exercise of independent medical judgment. Cataract Coach cannot warrant the accuracy or completeness of information that this site provides. Each medical situation should be considered unique to each patient, and all treatments individualized accordingly. Cataract Coach does not endorse or recommend any particular technique beyond what is contained in the product labeling, and other techniques may be appropriate in a physician’s medical judgment.
Any medical procedure has associated complications and risks, and the practice of medicine and standard of care may change over time. Cataract Coach cannot warrant that this information will be error-free, and is not responsible for any deletion or inaccuracy. Cataract Coach expressly disclaims all liability to any person in respect of all matters and all actions taken or not taken based on any information contained herein. Physicians are advised to consult the product labeling, and any appropriate research literature before implementing any new treatments or techniques.
1. OWNERSHIP. This site is owned by Uday Devgan MD and/or affiliates and is protected by United States copyright laws and international treaty provisions. Licensee may not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the site, except to the extent the foregoing restriction is expressly prohibited by applicable law. Licensee may not make error corrections to, or otherwise adapt or modify, or create derivative works based upon the site. The License below defines the extent of Licensee’s rights with respect to the Interface.
2. LICENSE AND RESTRICTIONS ON USE. This Agreement gives Licensee the right to access the Cataract Coach site and to use it for the limited purpose of reading about cataract surgery and associated ophthalmic topics. Said license rights are not transferable or sublicenseable, nor may the site be reproduced or modified without the express consent of Uday Devgan MD and the author. Licensee agrees to use reasonable efforts to prevent unauthorized use, distribution or publication. By this License, Licensee acquires no ownership right, title or interest in the site, or in any applicable patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets and other intellectual property rights which may be embodied or contained therein.
3. NO WARRANTIES OF ANY SORT. This site is provided “AS-IS” without any warranty whatsoever. Licensee assumes all risks and responsibilities for the treatment of patients to achieve the intended results. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, and in all states and jurisdictions where such disclaimers are permitted by applicable law, Cataract Coach / Uday Devgan MD expressly disclaim all representations and warranties regarding this site and in the information contained herein, either express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
Cataract Coach / Uday Devgan disclaim any warranty, either express or implied, regarding website or information availability, accessibility, accuracy, or performance. By accepting these terms, licensee hereby acknowledges that at any given time the website and information may unavailable either temporarily or permanently.
4. LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY. Licensee hereby expressly assumes the entire cost of any damage resulting from use of the website, videos, or any information contained herein. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, and in all states and jurisdictions where such limitations and exclusions are permitted, in no event with Uday Devgan MD / Cataract Coach by liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, direct, indirect, special, consequential, punitive, or incidental damages) arising out of the use or inability to use this site, even if Uday Devgan MD / Cataract Coach have been advised of the possibility of such damages. In no event shall the total liability of Uday Devgan MD / Cataract Coach to Licensee for all damages in any one or more cause of action, whether in contract, tort, or otherwise, exceed the sum of US$500.00.
5. ADDITIONAL PROVISIONS. Upon use of this website or the information contained herein, Licensee will be bound by the terms of this Agreement. This License Agreement cannot be modified except in writing signed by Uday Devgan MD/ Cataract Coach. This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without regard to any rules or principles regarding conflicts of laws or the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the Sale of Goods.
This Agreement may be terminated by Cataract Coach / Uday Devgan MD at any time for a violation of its terms; any failure by Cataract Coach / Uday Devgan MD to immediately address or enforce any aspect of this Agreement shall not be considered a general or continuing waiver of such right of termination. Cataract Coach / Uday Devgan MD may discontinue the site and the availability of the information to Licensee and to others at any time, in Uday Devgan’s sole discretion.